查看: 7604|回復: 9
打印 上一主題 下一主題

Bookshelf speakers 用唔用釘?

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
alfcat 發表於 2007-6-6 22:28:29 | 顯示全部樓層 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Hello everyone,

I am using a pair of DIY ProAc speaker and I put them on the top shelf of my Hi Fi rack. The shelf is around 1.5" thick and very solid.

Just wonder do I need to put "nails" underneath my pair of speakers? What difference will "nails" give? I used to put my speakers (old set) on stands ..... wow, the difference is quite significant.

Please advise. Many thanks.
2#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-7 15:53:44 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear KK Sir,

My colleagues are your students, ha..ha..

What would you recommend for "nails"? You know, my set of speaker is just around $ 2.5K.

Please advise. Many thanks

My cat is "saluting" me when I take this photo. I just woke him up and he is not really happy about it....
3#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-9 14:19:49 | 顯示全部樓層
This is one suggestion I will try.

I have heard that putting "nails" underneath the Bookshelf speakers can improve the Base performance. Is that true?

Many years ago, I realised that the sound quality of my AR speakers improved tremendously after I put them on a pair of BBC speaker stands. I know that stands are good for speakers, just that I can't afford to use one now because of the living room setting.
4#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-10 19:40:10 | 顯示全部樓層
Hello,

You just put one layer of those matt beneath the speaker or you roll it up like a "spring roll" and then put the speaker on top.

One of my colleagues tried putting two steel rolls underneath the speakers, ha.ha.

Thanks for sharing
5#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-12 11:52:15 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks for your advice ja4244, I will try out different settings and let you know my feelings / experience of using the matt.

For KK Sir, I will post my cats photos in the other Forum --- 發燒瑣事 instead ... as this one is DIY. Just give me a day or two to dig up those photos.

:wink:
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 13:12 , Processed in 0.034217 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表