查看: 16384|回復: 29
打印 上一主題 下一主題

Yaqin products

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
deicide67 發表於 2007-10-13 06:04:14 | 顯示全部樓層 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Hello everyone,

I'm seriously looking at purchasing a comercial amplifier, and this Yaqin 100B Kt88 amplifier is looking very tempting. Does anyone know anyone with this amplifier, or know of any reviews in english for this model. Is is a good DIY candidate? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys,

Blair
2#
 樓主| deicide67 發表於 2007-10-15 22:57:39 | 顯示全部樓層
Thank you cat,

Does your friend have any suggestions for reasonably priced amps like this? I think I can get it for about $750-800 USD. There is also the KT88 Ming Da amplifier I can get for $980 USD. I have heard one of these, and they sound pretty good to me.

Blair
3#
 樓主| deicide67 發表於 2007-10-16 21:16:54 | 顯示全部樓層
I would like to keep the power up higher than any of those tubes, plus I really like the KT88 tube. It is one of the only tubes ever produced specifically for music. The EL34, 6L6, etc.... were produced for transmitting amplifiers. Not that they sound bad, but the bass extension and musicality of a KT88 or 6550 seems to be more prevalent.

Blair
4#
 樓主| deicide67 發表於 2007-10-17 21:25:01 | 顯示全部樓層
Cat,

Thank you for your references. I have heard the Ming Da units, and they do sound very nice. The consonance are supposed to be very nice units also, but they are limited to 40w RMS. Not that I listen to volume levels like that typically, but the key to reaching good dynamics in music besides good equipment is plenty of overhead! If you are driving a pair of 87db or lower speakers, you really want something with approx. 60-70w RMS power with peak dynamics around 100w to handle transient volumes. I currently have a 60wpc stereo amplifier that sound equally as good as the Ming Da 65wpc model, but I built it for a fractions of the price. You saw it in the DAC chip mystery post. Thank you again for your references

Blair
5#
 樓主| deicide67 發表於 2007-10-18 00:17:17 | 顯示全部樓層
I'm sorry to hear that sbout your 33.

The Meixing units are nice, but they are much more pricey in the US. Think closer to $1,000.00 USD average

Those Consonance units are closer to $2-2,500.00 USD.

I built my tube amplifier for approximately $500.00 USD.

I used the DIYTUBE POSEIDON boards, but if you were to want to build one, you could use the ST70 board, and stuff it very inexpensively over there as you have access to much cheaper transformers.

Blair
6#
 樓主| deicide67 發表於 2007-10-19 21:40:23 | 顯示全部樓層
I agree with your cost analysis of these amps. I do enjoy my current amplifier, and will probably keep it instead of the large investment. I may actually build the monoblock versions though.

I think th enext move should be for me to focus on a higher efficiency speaker system. I have most of the parts I need for a 90db efficient three way so maybe that willl come soon.

Blair
7#
 樓主| deicide67 發表於 2007-11-2 03:25:28 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks for the information. I am thinking I will just hang on to my current amp right now. I'm kind of in the market for a high powered SS amp. This is my current amp. Since this picture, there has been a cover placed over the Toroid, and a choke mounted between the OPTs.

Blair
8#
 樓主| deicide67 發表於 2007-11-2 21:14:46 | 顯示全部樓層
Cat,

I would really appreciate it if you could get me some contact information for these vendors. I'm always looking at the Chinese products with much interest. I'm extremely interested in the Dussun model amplifiers such as the V8i. Likewise Cat, if you are interested in any american products such as caps, chips, etc. you have a tough time getting ahold of, let me know and we can possibly work something out.

Like Kiko. It took him several weeks and $20 to get his DAC chip in. I have an extra laying around and would have sent it to him for the cost of shipping.

Another thing that has been of great peponderance on this forum is whether or not the 213C will work. I ordered one and have it at my house. I'm going to go ahead and install it and I'll let you guys know if it is interchangeable. The entire assembly cost me a whopping 12 dollars.

Blair
9#
 樓主| deicide67 發表於 2007-11-5 23:22:03 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks Cat!

I do not speak or read Chinese at all. Sorry.

Since I had an extra lense assembly, I worked on it last nigt a bit with the marker. I'll give it an install and see what happens.

I'd still like to have some overseas contacts if you are available to give them to me.

Thanks again,

Blair
10#
 樓主| deicide67 發表於 2007-11-10 02:00:02 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:5454314275="alfcat"]I also asked him about the schematics of the MHZS players. He said the company keeps these diagrams as their trade secret and won't be willing to release them out.

CAT[/quote]

Thanks Cat,

Gee, wonder if the schematic being top secret has anything to do with this proprietary DAC chip MHZS has :wink:

I am getting married in about six months, and just sold my CD 33E a few days ago. I may pruchase another eventually, but I made a nice little profit off of it. I'll still hang around this forum because I like the group. I have my eyes on a musical fidelity E624 player someone here has for sale used for around $300.00 usd. It is supposed to be a very nice player for the price.

Blair
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 16:25 , Processed in 0.035472 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表