註冊
查看: 38966|回復: 31
打印 上一主題 下一主題

Enquires about Class D Amplifier

[複製鏈接]
1#
kk_ho 發表於 2008-1-13 23:24:25 | 顯示全部樓層

Re: Enquires about Class D Amplifier

What do ST, AD, HG, HGHXR mean and the output power at 8 ohms ? Does anyone explain?

KK Ans:
ST = standard opamp at buffer stage
AD = Analog device op-amp at buffer stage
HG = New series of UCD400
HGHXR = New series with seperated preamp regulator.

1) First choice to purchase Cambridge audio 840A integrated amplifier
2) Second choice to do DIY preamp and power amp as below:
=> DIY Preamp (e.g. Audio Note M7, ARC SP-10, or Marantz 7)
=> DIY Power amp. Target class D amplifier is the fever version of UcD 400AD by author la1209 with cost around 6300

KK Ans:
DIY AN-M7 + UCD 400.
If your DIY skill is a very very begineer, you can choose SP-10, it is PCB based. Simple soldering it and complete easily.

KK.Ho
2#
kk_ho 發表於 2008-1-13 23:30:22 | 顯示全部樓層
1) CD Transport:
=> Using Philips SACD DVD player for instead. Still good! No money now. Future upgrade to DIY CD transport of Philips CDPRO 2 from http://www.hifidiy.net

KK Ans:
Don't expected too much performace for CD-PRO2 if you are using default components. The SAA7324 is not a best components. As I describe it in CD class.

2) DAC:
=> Lite DAC-AM (modified fever version with upgraded audio graded VR, caps, resistors, OPA chip changed from NE5534x4 to AD826x4. Very good at sweet, warm and thick sound. I was satisfied with this DAC.

KK Ans:
TDA1543 is not for HiFi use, it is design and suit for NICAM decode purpose (for it beginning idea).

We have TDA1541A and Hi-bit DAC such as TI PCM1798. Also with most popular DAC. (cannot say too much as because commerical issue)

3) Integraded Amplifier:
=> Using Denon AV amp at 90W/channel at 8 ohms for instead and fix at the Pure CD Direct mode to listen pure music, but feel not professional. Propose to separate AV and HiFi by buying another Hi-end HiFi amplifier to listen music.

4) Speaker:
=> Focus audio FS-688. This is a good speaker with sweet, warm and thick sound.

KK Ans:
For 3 and 4:
CD Transport --> DAC --> Preamp --> Electronic crossover --> 2 X power amp --> High driver and Low driver.

Perfect. We have this setup at early MARCH.

Interconnect cables:
接線[1] – Digital with RCA at true 75 ohms.
=> Audioquest VDM-5 solid silver digital cable. No money now, future upgrade to silver XLR at 110 ohms

接線[2] – Analog with RCA
=> Cheap OFC cable. No money now,  future upgrade to silver XLR.

接線[3] – Analog fork to fork。
=> Cheap OFC cable. No money now,  future upgrade to hi-end OCC speaker cable. Inside speaker, using Zu Ibis jumpers.

If you are using full balance, you should all system should be full balance, there are some fake balance out CD player in the market.

KK.HO
3#
kk_ho 發表於 2008-1-14 14:11:21 | 顯示全部樓層
KK Ans:

1) I think that I shall plan to attain some training courses (e.g. UcD power amp, AN-M7 tube preamp, DAC, etc…) organized by HiFi Fever in according to my budget allocation and time available. With electronic background, I think I can handle harder HiFi DIY jobs in your training workshop though I am not an experienced HiFi DIY fever. Do both of your DIY AN-M7 preamp and UcD400 power amp provide true balanced input/output in order to achieve my goal of “full balanced silver interconnect cables from CD transport to amplifier”?

For the price VS perfomance, I choose AN-M7. But sure you can choice other as you like, we can provide the material and training.
PS : If you need full utlized the UCD balance in, you need balance out preamp. pay attention on preamp, adding a balance driver like DRV136 is not = balance out.

2) In the training course of tube preamp, some models such as AudioNote M7, ARC LS-7, ARC SP-10, Conrad Johnson PV-3, Marantz 7, GG, 禾田茂氏, etc.. are introduced. You selected AN-M7 for me. Why? Is AN-M7 is the best suit to my goal of sweet, warm and thick sound quality with listening to vocal, country or Jazz music?

Same as ANS 1.

3) For new modules of UcD400 HG or HGHXR, rather than old version of UcD400 AD, which one shall I select? What criteria to guide this selection decision?

What is your budget regarding to UCD power amp?

4) For my Lite DAC-AM with true balanced input/output, you said that TDA1543 was not for HiFi use. I am quite in doubt , but not challenge you because the Lite DAC-AM DAC chip AD1853 is also used in hi-end Accuphase CD player with cost around $20K~30K. In fact, used this Accuphase CD player to tune for modification. As result, the sound quality is similar or even slightly better than this Accuphase CD player. But, I shall accept to upgrade to a higher graded DIY DAC if available in your workshop, but set to lower priority. No money!

Sorry, I don't know AM model is AD1853.
You can use AD1855 to upgrade AD1853. Or adding a sampling rate converter inside the box (not outside). Hififever can provide this.
And upgrade it by another DIR IC.

5) For CD transport, I shall set it into the lowest priority to upgrade to DIY Philips CDPRO2 if you said that the improvement would not be much significant in comparing to my current Philips DVD player. But, my concern is that the DVD player has no balance output. Hence, I still need a CD transport with balance output to achieve my goal of full balance interconnect eventually. In fact, a cheap DIY CDROM with balance output is also OK to me if the sound quality is similar to DVD player or Philips CDPRO2.

the balance output is depend on the DAC, not the loader, also if you talking about AES link (balance digital output), this is anoher story.

6) You mentioned a statement that “CD Transport --> DAC --> Preamp --> Electronic crossover --> 2 X power amp --> High driver and Low driver.” Do you mean a Bi-Amp connection, for example with UcD400 power amp to higher driver of speaker and Denon AV amp to lower driver of speaker? Please elaborate more in detail or refer a website which you did early March. If yes, let me to handle the critical issues first.

It is not a bi-amp, it is a electronic crossover. Traditional crossover is at speaker box inside. For ele crossover which remove the loss in the driver since the speaker box don't equip with any RLC.

KK.HO
4#
kk_ho 發表於 2008-1-15 18:17:48 | 顯示全部樓層
Alant,

Please me reply for your post balance signal.

1. If the source to power amp (include CD as source) that from pure balance output. That Ok, not problem.

2. If any source are un-balance out, and using the fake method to do the un-balance out, this is the another story.
See the attached photo.

Some DIY web use release this KIT to cheat people as "balance" out.

What do you think ?

KK.HO

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
5#
kk_ho 發表於 2008-1-15 18:28:56 | 顯示全部樓層
Alant,

Let change back the topic with REAL Balance out.
Use DAC as example.

You will see the DAC have I+ and I-, it is easily to config as balance output.

From the diagram, what do you think ?

ADVERTISEMENTS:

We will have PCM1798 DAC, people can choose either to TDA1541A or PCM1798.

Please check with our web later.

KK.HO

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
6#
kk_ho 發表於 2008-1-15 22:17:40 | 顯示全部樓層
Yes, correctly.

The rule is:
If any one is not the balance I/O (except), this is meaningless.

Execpt the case for DIO in DAC.
KK.
7#
kk_ho 發表於 2008-1-17 00:15:35 | 顯示全部樓層
alant,

One example share to you. It is from a well know brand.

Don't ask me for the model.

Fig 1. DAC output, you will found that it is differential output config.

Fig 2. Differential mode I/V converter + Mixer amp + GIC filter x 2 + output buffer.

Fig 3. Un-balance signal passing to "differential amp" to as a "Balance Out"

Give a question to you, do you know what is the idea from the designer?

If you answer correctly, buy a lunch to you. say < $50 type.

KK.HO

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 17:59 , Processed in 0.028963 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表