[複製鏈接]
1#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-9-29 18:06:50 | 顯示全部樓層
Superwhite,

What's the price of the ericsson 396A?
2#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-2 17:28:15 | 顯示全部樓層
Superwhite,

May i know which part of Malaysia u are in? KL/PJ? I'm new in DIY, I'm from malaysia too, may i know which shop in Malaysia u always get your part/component?

Did you compare the GE 5670 with your 396A is it a lot of differences or just slight different?  Where can i get the GE 5670 in Malaysia? what's the price?
3#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-3 13:38:50 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

I'm using BADA HD-21 single tube player.

viewer,
If not mistaken, follow electronics theory it is safer to us cap with voltage tolerance equal or larger than the original to avoid burst right?

Since Jensen is 100uF,150V we shall use us ecap with 100uF, >= 150V right?
4#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-9 09:44:14 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

How about the 2 silver cap on top of the picture superwhite show you (very near to the tube)? what's their function/purpose? Is it supply power to the tube as well?

Which cap play more role in sound quality? the cap superwhite circle or the 2 caps near the tube?
5#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-11 10:04:44 | 顯示全部樓層

Re: opa 627bp in MHZS cd33

Thanks for advise, i still not upgrade my cdp by changing the cap yet as i'm not familiar with the characteristic of different brand of cap, also not good in soldering. Better do more homework 1st. Actually i'm not using cd33, i'm using Bada HD-21 with single tube only but the circuit setup look similar as cd33 so i guess the modification will be similar....

[quote:10f8c81e45="superwhite"][quote:10f8c81e45="viewer"]Hi winwss,

The two caps in front of the tubes as a filter of opa 2604's outup, so affect of the sound two much.

both are important, if change boths, that the sound will be closed to prefect.

Have you upgraded you cdp also?

thank you for sharing.[/quote]

Hi Viewer,
i totally agree with you :wink: , WINDWSS, if want to change choose the best or the sound that you like, if not you will waste your money :cry: , think twice before change  :wink:[/quote]
6#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-12 11:43:25 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

so what's the uF of your mundof/Zn? it is 2.2 or 0.22uF? what will u do with it?? exchange back from the diy shop??
it it suit for the filter at opamp?? (near the tube side).
I had obtain my GE JAN 5670W last night, even only warm up for <1hr, It's sound is so sweet n warm. Resolution, detail & bass tightness may not as good as WE396 but i like it's warm vocal....really comfortable.... i'm quite satisfy at this moment. So wait until u become master of modification then i only start mod hahaha... :  :  :twisted: Temporary just change tube, twist wire enough :roll:
7#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-12 13:44:35 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear All,

Need some advise from you all, i found the coil between the power coupling capasitor will have noise, sss sound when the power cord is on but the power on button on front panel is still off. The noise will stop after the palyer had start play disc. But the noise will come again if the disc not playing and leave the player on "on" position.

So what is the problem do you all think? is it the coil in the middle of the power coupling cap or??
8#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-13 10:54:20 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

The GE JAN 5670 i ask my friend by from singapore.
The Tungsol i just put in the order, maybe recieve in 2 week time...

In internet saw some people say tungsol's characteristic is in between GE & WE so should suit me....

since the zn cap not suit for power coupling then i cannot buy 2nd hand from u lo   I prefer to spend on try different tube than changing expensive cap  :twisted:  :twisted:
9#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-17 14:55:51 | 顯示全部樓層
Viewer,

u had spend total how much on the modification? Jensen cap not cheap leh!

I only know superwhite had change all the jumper wire to silver wire but need wait the result from him....

By the way what the amplifer and speaker you are using?
10#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-18 11:08:26 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear viewer & superwhite,

Diy is fun but when need to do sodering i a bit worry... my soldering skill too bad....

Superwhite,

ha... if u change to audionote cap... then u 12 sell your 0.22uF mondoff? : )
11#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-19 12:22:59 | 顯示全部樓層
Thank you both of you for the advice and guidance.....i will try to do mare practise before start soldering on teh board....

Superwhite,

will ask your help when all teh tools ready.....

For your speaker, try seperate and twist your internal cable in speaker 1st, if possible replace the white sponge to the yelow fibre sponge which people use in exzos pipe..... with this 2 trick most speaker will have better detail,sound stage, less quantity but tightter bass and more transparent...

After u do the above trick, u may not get the best sound immediately, it will take several day for it to stable as the spong will need time to adjust it spacing.....

from my experience every time after i adjsut the amount of fibre spong n positing on sand bag in my AE AEGIS it will take several day to stable down... thus initially the sound may not good....  it is quite time consuming unless u enjoy testing....

for speaker cable u may look for 7n single crystal loh.... i'm not as ambitius as u, i'm satisfy with my own make CAT5 cable....except my interconnect....
12#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-20 10:12:57 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote="superwhite"][quote="viewer"]
i actually looking for elna cerafine, but there dont have, there only have is BG N series, 4700uf 35V about USD44/pc    too expansive......
quote]

That's the problem faced in Malaysia and it is the main factor DIY is not popular in Malaysia..-->hard to get parts, less choice... not much 2nd hand shop for HI FI equipment.....

13#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-22 23:22:04 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer and superwhite,

Actually there are another alternative instead of making a black paper disc use on the CD, if u have old disket, open it and take the black manegtic thin sheet inside. it will give similar effect and much more easier than make it, nowaday most of the disket is 3.5inch, if u can get the 5.25inch one will be bettre as the size similar as the CD. But becareful, must remove thorougly the glue if not it may stick on the player tray.

The main fuction to to reduce vibration so sound stage become clear, less noice. If u willing to spend then can just buy this type of damping mat but not cheap loh....

Viewer,
Need some advise from you, do you think evox-rifa cap is better or wima (MKC4)is better or RIFA PHE 428? If use for tube coupling cap...

superwhite,

I now so aggresive as u thus i now ask friend around to get me some un-use circuit board n try to retreat useful cap. A lot medical equipment is using cap such as rifa, wima, nichikon n so on. Anybody heard of ERO cap (KP 1836 E5)? good or not?
14#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-22 23:30:54 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:1e40107aab="superwhite"][quote:1e40107aab="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

How feeling of tube Western Electric W396A ???
Is it are using in you cd33 ???
have you used RCA 5670 before and the felling ????
because in other web site is on sale around HK$120.00 pair.

Thanks you very much.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

BUY IT! good deal!   WE396A is a musical tube, Fast, the bass is stronger, compare to 5670 tube. you won't regret. even if you DONT wan , is very easy to sell off :wink: .

WINDWSS is using GE5670, i also bring 1 unit WE396A to him for testing, he also notice the diferrent, i think if put on your Jensen copper sound will be much better. [/quote]

Hi Viewer & superwhite,

Intially when i change my 6N3J to GE jan5670w, feel that GE sound very sweet, warm & nice but a bit slow & not so detail --> good for vocal but bass less tight, musical instrument also less excited. Since i prefer intrument like drum and so on, thus i some time change back to 6N3J when listen to musical instrumnet then back to GE when vocal.... Generally i will say WE 396 is overall good, sweet with detail thus no need to always change tube while listen to different song/music. compare the GE, WE396 is less warm & sweet but more detail, faster. GE tube construct is a way that it reduce the detail in order to give very warm & sweet sound.....
15#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-23 15:58:38 | 顯示全部樓層
hi viewer,

Thank for your info, as i know the MKC is metallized polycarbonate cap, it seems it is more expensive material than polypropene and have good electronics characteristic but i'm not sure good for audio use or not as i since most people like to use polypropene cap. MKP or MKS is the replacement for MKC as MKC no longer manufactured.... but i'm just thinking some manufacturer sometimes stop production of some product is to reduce cost with reduce a bit the quality. So sometimes latest version may not be better.... so in audio u think poly propene or polycarbonate is better?

Superwhite,

Ha... i not so ambitius and willing to spend like you... thus i look for other alternative way to look for parts loh.... by the way u 12 DIY a tube preamp not i got a DIY diagram using 6n3 & 6N11.....

Ah forget to tell u that i got some info on modify audilab 8000A which is to seperate the pre & power of the 8000A.....
16#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-26 13:58:51 | 顯示全部樓層
hi,

attach the pic of my cdp.

some question:

1) the filter in between power coupling cap got noise when the power cord on but the switch on/off button at cdp still off. Is it cap problem?

2) the 3 opa wrtitten on the board is OPA2604 but on the chip is 5532D JRC, is it the same?

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
17#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-26 17:39:45 | 顯示全部樓層
THE POWER FILTERING CAP (red pinky colour) is WIMA MKP 10, 0.1,1000-600

the 2 Power coupling cap (coklate) is 220nJ/630V
18#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-27 09:44:16 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:0f5c2e1cb4="viewer"]Hi windwss,

I have used SCR Solen and  ERO MKP 1845
SCR solen quit balance.
ERO MKP 1845 bass ,high notes are little  clear than solen SCR
old solen don't use.
ERO MKP 1845 have green and blue colour. Blue is better than green on high notes (smooth)
Your present CDP is using SCR SOLEN or SOLEN ???????
I thing the solen caps in your cpd not real good.

Thanks,[/quote]

Hi viewer, as superwhite said my cdp is still original not change any component yet pls refer the pic HD21 which i attached and not the HD 22 attach by superwhite.

the original component at my HD21 is as below:
1) power coupling cap -- 220nJ/630V (ceramic cap??)
2) power filter cap?? WIMA MKP 10, 0.1uF,1000-600~
3) tube coupling cap --> EVOX 2u2J,400
4) single cap beside the tube is SOLEN MKP-FC 0.1uF/250V
6)OPA --->5532D JRC 5014c (but on the circuit board it written as OPA2604AP)
7) most of other E-cap is rubycon

So what the recommendation?

Superwhite,
u r order the opa from HK right? it the supplier have 2nd hand OPA 2604?

Thank you!
19#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-27 13:38:19 | 顯示全部樓層
Thank you viewer!!

i think i will try for ERO, low cost high gain... : )
20#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-27 16:10:04 | 顯示全部樓層
HI,

Need advice from u both.

If i got WIMA MP3-X2, 0.22uF, 275VAC but the VDC not mentioned even they test on >2000VDC for 2 sec.

Can i use it to replace my 0.22uF,630V power coupling cap?

understand thant WIMA MP3-X2 seems higher grade than MPK-10.

Besides, can i replace the WIMA MKP-10, 0.1uF,1000-600~ to WIMA MP3-X2, 0.1uF, 250VAC?
21#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-27 17:51:14 | 顯示全部樓層
yes, it is on your phto but is 275V not the 250V.

my country use 230V...oh..too bad... if i still want to use it what's the worse case? cap burn only or will affect otehr parts?

if this cap better than MKP 10?

I had attach 2 photo.
1) shall i replace those gray resistor?

2) photo 2 is the cap i have in hand at the moment, which but i'm not sure it sure suit to be use in which area?
a)ROE 470uF,40v
b) Philips 47uF,250V
c)shizuki 0.47uF +-10% 200v
d)EFD PR3, 0.1UF +-10% 630V
E) NIPPON CHEMI CON , mallory & some spprague cap

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
22#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-30 10:05:56 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

I got some doubt need your advice, pls refer teh picture attached. I'm also wondering why the manufacturer use the Elna Simiic ecap on this position. It is 100uF/50V. On the board it didn't write any value of uF shld be use, so can i change it to other type of cap (poplypropene & son on) with smaller uF, what your recomendation? I don't think we can get any polypropene cap with 100uF.

Besides, is LXF ecap better than rubycon?

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
23#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-30 13:55:27 | 顯示全部樓層
Viewer,

Than you for your valueable info.

So i can use the WIMA MP3-X2 0.1uF/250V paraller with the Elna right?
24#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-31 11:55:24 | 顯示全部樓層
Viewver,

Thanks for info.

By the way, which position shall i place the cap parrallel? Pls refer picture, position A or B?

2) Can i use smaller than 0.1uF for e.g 0.022 or 0.047uF or larger such ass 0.22?

Below are some modification i'm going to do since most matrial is ready:

1) change power supply coupling cap to WIMA MP3-X2, 0.22uF/275VAC
2) Change 47uF/160V ecap on power board to Philips 47uF/250V (042T HP)
3) change 3 resistor on pwr borad (1k, 47R, 100R) to Kiwame

Beside, for 470uF/40v ecap i got the ERO (gold colour), mallory (black colour) and siemens GPF (B41010/B41293) so which 1 is better?

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
25#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-1 17:24:09 | 顯示全部樓層
Viewer,

Thank you very much......

I will start some modification by thi thes week, wish me good luck and not burn the player....
26#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-2 09:29:13 | 顯示全部樓層
hi viewer & superwhite,

I can't wait till weekend and i had done 1st stage of my mod on the cdp last night!!!! see the photo : )

luckily the soldering work is easier than i intially thought...and the solder superwhite bought me is much better & easier to solder....

so i had change t coupling cap, 3 resistor and a 47uF ecap.

The initial result i found at initial stage is:

1) the noise of the filter in between the power coupling cap disappear---? great!!! i like it....

2) the detail and resolution increase and cleaner especially for high & mid...
3) slightly sweeter (especially violin, guitar & vocal)
4) BUT....the speed is slower so i need to sacrify a bit of my lovely fast bass (anyway i think this can be improve by change tube la)

Overall i satisfy with the mod and start to addicted ... this time die liao lah!

Anyway i found that the 2 resistor (circle at the picture) heat up very fast and very hot especially the kiwame 1k resistor... so what do u both think? is it ok??

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
27#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-2 13:42:11 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi, superwhite,

The original 1k resistor is ~ 2cm in length and 0.5cm diameter.
If u refer the previous picture it is the biggest resister at power board.
28#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-2 15:10:56 | 顯示全部樓層
Viewer & superwhite,

TQ for advise, tonight will use multimeter to measure the V accross this resistor and culculate the power....

:?
29#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-2 16:19:36 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi,

have u both heard of cascade bypassing?

it mean use smaller cap on parallel. It use 3 cap.

Eg. main is 10uF, then 2nd is 1uF, 3rd is 0.1uF, it seems better.

If we refer the my circuit board, it seems have ready the space to do the cascade bypassing... any of u had try this?
30#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-3 11:12:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi,

Last night i measure the voltage cross both resistor it is small ~2-3V, by using fromula P=V square/R, the caculate watt is quite small.

Then replace back the resistor & cap 1 by 1 finally find out the original resistor also very hot.... the conclusion is that it is initially like that... my mistake is i never notice it early then put back all to the 1st modification.

Anyway since i replace each component n listen to it thus i know which component give what sound loh.

Observation say that:

1) solen original cap is powerful but stiff & harsh - philips cap sound sweeter, more elastic but slower.

2) only very slight diffencence between kiwame & original 1k resistor. Kiwabe very slightly clearer, original slightly blur.
31#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-4 20:40:24 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:101244c12c="superwhite"]Hi viewer,

Thanks for advice, will get this cap first thing in the morning.... :wink:

next week will have few friend to gether to try on own cd player, will have shanling, cambridge audio n bada, hope my cdp got time to run in the BG cap [/quote]

Superwhite,
Wei!! when is the gathering, where and what time?? i'm interested t join if time &  place match...
32#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-4 20:45:08 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi, H3D!!

May i know what the tube model/detail of the russian tube u bought? what the differences when compare to WE 396A & GE 5670?? How much u bought the russian tube?

Try to provide the photo of the tube ok?

Thanks

Superwhite,
if u decided to change to red blackgate the sell me 2nd hand std blackgate loh : )
33#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-6 14:47:53 | 顯示全部樓層

Re: NICE

[quote:6ab75f107a="h3d"]About 8 months ago I took a change on buying a CD33 as well. Nobody overhere (Holland) knew the player, so that is always very exiting.

After some tuberolling (CBS5670, GE5670, some Russian 6n3P and WE396a) I got the player modified. The only part we modified was the endtrap. Actually everyting from the DAC onwards.

Of course we replaced some elko's and so on, but the most important change was taking out the OPAMP all together. Over here is a modifier that has very good results with taking out OPAMPs. You just replace it with a few resistances (not the right word I think) of 5 and 50 K. With this mod. the player sounded very open, wide, deep and balanced.

After this I also bought some Russian tubes that were Cryogenically treated. All together I'm very happy now.[/quote]

h3d,
U mean u will remove the opamp right? but your photo still have the opamp on it, do u bypass it or?
34#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-6 14:49:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear all,

Just to check if the original cap is 2200uF, can i replace with 2300uF? any bad consequences?
35#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-6 17:32:26 | 顯示全部樓層
thanks viewer,

For nichicon ecap, which series is consider audio grade? VX? PF??
36#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-7 11:08:19 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:2aa0e10216="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

It dosen't matter. I enjoy to sharing to diy friends.
I have not  idea william sir carry the RIKEN RMG resistor or not but you can ask him. 1/2w in HK cost around $10 to $15 each.

Hi windwss,

I have try parallel some caps in outup like you say.
they will made the foucs of sound not good.
I really recomment that If you used famous cap e.g Jensen, Mitil cap, Music cap, Ero, audiocap, rel-cap etc. no need to parallel other small caps. (wast money no gain).
If you used solen (lower speed caps) just parallel 0.1uf is very great.

You can try for diy fun. and let me the result.
Thanks.[/quote]

viewer,
u r right! i had test to use 3 cap parallel, elna 100uf, efd 01.uf & ERO KP1836, 0.22uF---> result not so good, high detail slightly more but too bright, sound stage slightlyblur/compress less open...
37#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-7 11:14:36 | 顯示全部樓層
SUPERWHITE,

Help me to study the diagram given by h3d since ur electronics background is bettre, i'm interested to try his way : )

i shall foillow ur advice to change to BG for the small ecap 1st.
Is the BG standard series & NH series price a lot difference?
38#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-7 13:46:41 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi,

Finally i received my 2c5a tube today after waiting for > 1 months.

Attach the pic for u all, the build is so so will see the sound ok not....
from left: Bendix, united elctronic & tong-sol used tube.

Superwhite,

Eh! how the sound quality and charactheristic of octave brand film/foil cap compare to solen? thinking to go for cheap and nice 10uF tin foilcap...

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
39#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-7 16:40:27 | 顯示全部樓層
hi all,

i check in internect say that by pass the muting transistor can give a more real sound anybody had try it? the best is replace the transistor with relay.

CD-player modification
Below are part of the article:

The first ......The best : costs $0.00
After the D/A converter you can find components for filtering, (to reduce ultrasonic garbage), buffering (to obtain low enough (typical 100-2k) output impedance) and muting. In almost any budget CD_player (below fl.1500 (~$900)) muting is performed with bipolar transistors. THIS REALLY SUCKS !!! More expensive players use relays for this job. Manufacturers apply muting to prevent "plopping sounds" while switching on/off. The audio circuit is temporarily short-circuited during on/off switching. When just playing music they do nothing at all! Nothing ?............., NO WAY, it alters the perceived sound. Why ? I remembered this explanation : a transistor has a small paricitic capacitance. The value is depending of the voltage from collector to emitter, i.e. your audio signal. The result : a signal dependent high-cut filter in your CD player. (ironic) Thank you so much : Marantz, Philips, Technics, Denon, Harman Kardon, Pioneer, Sony, Teac etc etc. Have they ever actually listened to their budget stuff ?! I can't imagine. Maybe they do apply muting transistors to give their more expansive one's a bigger lead and better sales. This would really suck !! (in my humble opinion)

I am not satisfied with this explanation : If you actually calculate the parasitic capacitance it is too small to hvae effect in the audio band. I hope to find a better more detalied explanation soon !

Check Audio en techniek for the source of this tweak.

The more expensive models use relays, so the manufactures are aware, but fail to pass the benefits to you.

I own a Marantz CD 52 MK2. After removing the muting transistors I noticed (warning : vague audiophile terms appear here) , a more fluently sound, less stress and more clarity, especially in female voices. Yes there are some plops to detect while switching on/off. This doesn't hurt my amp or speakers. (Unless : very high volume setting.). I am very pleased with this tweak. It is the best I ever encountered. It kept me from spending (too much) cash on audio en have left me more for music.

There has been some discusion on this bit in some newsgroups.

Goto : Deja News

and search with the keywords : muting transistors

or the keywords : CD Improvement Worked

click old

the : view thread is very usefull
40#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-8 09:36:36 | 顯示全部樓層
hi viewer,

need ur advice, if i change the 100uF/50v Elna silmic e-cap near teh output to Blackgate N series non polarization ecap will it better than (SCR solen +0.1 wima black box)? since the cost is similar....

superwhite & viewer,

i'm a bit confuse when i check the voltage across teh 2 cap-100uf/100v rubycon ecap on power board (refer picture), voltage is <10V, if that's teh case i can use 100uF/50v blackgate ecap on this... i use the multimeter & place the probe on the 2 pin of the ecap, both cap give similar value.... as such i'm wondering whether i'm measure correctly?

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
41#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-8 09:46:40 | 顯示全部樓層
Regarding the 3 tubes, i had roughly test only, my 1st impression is that 1 like both tung-sol & bendix compare to GE JAN 5670W.

Both have better transparency & better detail & faster than GE, it may not be as sweet/warm as GE but i like them.

if compare tung-sol & bendix, tungsol is lighter, faster more detail on mid to high whereas bendix more emphasis mid to low (the bass is tight & punchy).

Anyway my both bendix tube look difference- 1 is written as JAN-CEA-2C51 FOLIPSE-PIONEER or ECLIPSE-PIONEER (the word is blur) another is written as JAN-CEA-2C51 bendix. So i'm not sure it is teh same since supplier both from bendix.
42#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-8 11:41:43 | 顯示全部樓層
thank you viewer!!

Then i prefer Blackgate loh since i like powerful sound.....

By the way, my coupling cap for opamp is 2.2uF (Evox Rifa MMK) do u think i can use smaller uF like 0.22 or 0.33 to reduce cost?
My headache is most of my cap is using quite high uF compare to CD33 so the cost of modification is much higher... : (
43#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-9 10:01:17 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear all,

I apologize on the unclear statement on tube comparison.

Actually i have 2 tungsol and 2 bendix tube all 4 tube is used tube not the new 1.
Both the tungsol tube is made on different date i guess as the logo/word written on the tube and the construction slightly different. The tungsol tube on the picture with golden word 2C51 sound slightly better than the other tungsol tube.

For Bendix, same case, both tube made in different year with different label. 1 is ~1950 another 1 is later. My comment yesterday is base on the newer bendix tube in picture (run in for 15minute only). But when i test the old bendix tube which have a red mark on the bottom lastnight i will say i love the bendix old tube very much. This old tube give music, it make people to enjoy the music and neglect to analyse its performance. I just love it's natural sounding, the pace is just right for me. Tungsol sometimes slightly harsh at high, sound lighter and not that musical compare to old bendix.

This sat i will bring it to superwhite to reconfirm the result, we will compare direct to WE396, even though i feel that the old bendix is better but the best way is to copmare on the spot. As i only listen once on WE396A last month when superwhite bring it here.

Tonight i will listen again to the newer bendix as last time i just listen to it for less than an hour, i shall run in it for more time to see whether it will behave like to old bendix afetr more run in time.....

Viewer & superwhite,
I had add a ERO KP1836 0.022uF parallel to my solen 1uF cap, result is encouraging.....

With the bendix tube and the littel mod i had made i'm temporary satisfy with result.....
44#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-10 08:54:34 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:cf3e7a53dd="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

I try WE396a aldy from my fried. I feel it very warm sound (tube sound) a little bit slow. like a ox wine.

But ,I am like GW5679w Jan more . very clear and detail. Like red wine.
may be later to change.

Thanks.[/quote]

I have the similar feel on WE396 like u, feel that it is lack of a bit ohmmm & excitement.... not that suit me :p  u r using GW5679w or GE5670w?
45#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-10 16:54:00 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Viewer,

According to the article in the hififever column, we can use a tung-sol 6X4 tube & IRF830 to make improvement, do u think this can be apply in our player?
46#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-13 09:31:11 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Viewer,

May i know in HK where can get old part for monitor audio (bronze 3's tweeter) or to repair the tweeter? My friend 's tweeter seems burn, it is not totally mute but still with some shh shh sound. he may visit HK end of the year. Besides, which shop can get cheap cap like SCR solen fast cap?

Dear all,

Since superwhite change the opa627 then i take his opa2604 lo.... after put in my cdp the detail is more n more clear but i feel like digital feel increase a bit....genrally the pros is more than cons (is this the reason make h3d to bypass the opa?? unfortunately my Bada HD-21 circuit is slightly differnt from cd33, thus i can't copy exactly the bypass circuit of h3d)

For the tube testing, WE is no doubt a good tube for vocal (it more focus/emphasis on mid especially vocal so nice & sweet) but lack of bass extention anyway for those who who like vocal &using floorstand speaker it is 1 of the best tube. I think superwhite wll not cahnge to any tube other than WE396A haha.
But for people who like instrumental music and using bookshelf like me, Bendix old tube seems more suitable as it is slightly more balance than WE396A and have better low frequency extention. The vocal though not as sweet n warm as WE396A but it is quite natural.

Viewer, if WE396A not your cup of tea then try this bendix. But take note that the bendix old tube is not label as bendix, it label with ECLIPSE-PIONEER the initial name of Bendix red bank division (with red mark at bottom), a used tube is ~USD6-7.
47#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-13 10:27:12 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

u r exactly right... i need to soften it... using WE396A can soften a bit but don't 12 follow your trend ha..ha....

so will try change resistor later....

which part of hk to get the rmg resistor? just give the resistor value, in case he confirm to go there will ask for his favour....

will email my audiolab 8000A photo for ur advice.
48#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-14 09:09:15 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:05ee75a907="superwhite"]Hi viewer,

actually i want the CJ PV3, easy, less component n  great performance(price good  also), but have to wait..... . (too many thing to buy) :  :  :

Thanks!

P/s: 1 of my friend will get the cd33 today, because i everyday 放毒.... :  :  :[/quote]

Ha... u too bad, always poison people, lucky my "定力够" if not now pocket "kong" whole player with blackgate!

i now temporary shift to use tung-sol tube to reduce digital feel....tung-sol is quite elastic with tube feel.....

later i may take a challenge to replace to 100uF/100v with 100uF/50v cap.... if the 2nd time measured voltage still <50v.
49#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-15 10:26:19 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

In case it still not solve the problem and need the opa2604 back just let me know : )
50#
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-15 14:47:38 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

planning to get some blackgate cap, not intent to do any big modification cause some people here say no need do too many mod in CDP, buying a DAC is better. One of them say the MHZS C88 after big mod still not as good as as un-mod MHZS CD88 with a DAC.....

how about your friend? statrting mod his cd33?
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 04:22 , Processed in 0.059668 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表