找回密碼
 註冊
查看: 11810|回復: 0

mhzs cd66 or cd88

[複製鏈接]
azza 發表於 2007-12-26 06:11:49 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Hi everybody.

I am new here, i was interested in MHZS top loading cd player.  I have googled lots and found some problems as well as good reviews.  What i am interested in is the reliability of these players, is it good, or lower than my xindak cd1.2 which i have had for nearly 2 years now with no problems except for it likes to eat valves every few months.

I receive email from Vocative today saying they don't do this player anymore and to go to USA pacific valve (which is no good to me as i have 240 volt power here in New Zealand).  

Is the 66e/88e an improvement over the original models or just a cost cut newer model?

What is the reliability of the additional power board in the 88? those valves look fairly rare and difficult to obtain and they look like they run hot very close to the transport (which i don't think is going to be too good for the laser over time).  Are the gains in image and soundstage worth the loss of bass over the 66?

I'm probably set on the 66 unless someone can give me many good reasons why it is better.

Either model will of course sound better than my xindak which is just a single 6922 buffer or not?

http://www.xindak.com/english/products/showditail.asp?id=241

And last can anyone on here supply one of these checked and possibly slightly modified for a good price, shipping will be to new zealand but i believe Hong Kong post has very good prices and is very reliable.  (nuch more reliable than china post if i wait until my wife goes back for a holiday and gets one on the mainland).  I don't really trust Ebay for some reason.

If anyone else can suggest a good cd player for the similar price i am open to suggestion i prefer the sound of valves.

The rest of my system in case you are interested is.
CDP xindak muse 1.2 + damped lid and sides + EH gold 6922
TT Project RPM5 with shelter 201 MM cartridge
Project Phonobox MK2 phono stage
AMP Dusson DS99
SPK Linn Kelidh with ninka tweeters
CABLE xindak fa-gold cd to amp, xindak FA-1 phonobox to amp, project tt to phonobox, Linn k400 biwire cable to speakers, no special power cords.

Long post, im sorry if english is difficult for you, i can always get my wife to try and translate although she does not know much technical talk.

Thanks in advance for any help oh and if you celebrate it Merry Christmas

Aaron
Nelson, NZ
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 19:18 , Processed in 0.028974 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表