spells 發表於 2008-8-9 08:10:15 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Hi Guys
Iam new to this forum,
I needed help to find a MHZS cd33e pcb board for the tube output stage,
hope some one can help coz i cannot find any repair shop
in Singapore to repair.

Cheers
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-9 12:23:20 | 顯示全部樓層
I know a place in China where I can get this board. I got one spare for myself as I ruined the first one. It is NOT CHEAP. The board with all the parts on cost Yen $ 900! Almost half the price of the CD player.

Do you know how to type Chinese? If so, you can send me an email. I can refer you to a Chinese guy. He should be able to get you a replacement and mail it to you in Singapore.

CAT
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-9 16:27:04 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks alfcat for the reply,

I cannot write or read chinese  :cry:

The board with all the parts on cost Yen $ 900! Almost half the price of the CD player.

Is it worth getting the replacement parts ?

Using DAC the sound ok, but using the analog sounds distorted

Thanks again
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-9 18:10:52 | 顯示全部樓層
I don't know how much you paid for your CD33e. Mine was HK$ 1,800 only and I used it mainly as my first DIY project in modification. As an experimental CD player, the additional Yen $900 I paid is acceptable in my opinion.

My experience with this CD33 player is that it is not very stable. Most of the friends I know having this player got problem with the CD Tray after 1 year or so. Either it won't open (and you need to press the eject button several times to have the job done) or it won't read (in that case you have to eject the CD and put it back again).

If I were you, I will make my decision based on 1) How much did I pay for it and 2) How long have I been using it. If I have been using it for 1 year, I would suspect problem(s) is / are coming and I would rather sell it off.

If you really want to have the board, I can check for you the price of it (it is the Analog output board, right?). It will be better for you to send me a photo of that board to avoid mistake. I will probably go back to the Mainland before Aug 20. If the price is okay with you, you have to transfer me the money before I can get it for you. I will estimate the shipping cost for you as well. I am sure HK Postal Service is FAR BETTER than the China Post.

CAT
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-9 19:18:52 | 顯示全部樓層
alfcat thanks a million pal

how abt i sent you the board & you have a look what's the problem
since you are very good in mod  

ah since iam so new to this forum, are we allow to type out address or email ?

alfcat i took the pic from your post
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-9 19:27:52 | 顯示全部樓層
900 yen = 12 singapore dollars
quite ok for the price

cheers
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-9 21:29:14 | 顯示全部樓層
No, no ... Am I mistaken or you? Yen = RMB = Chinese dollars.

100HK$ = around 88Yen only! And I think $ 1 Singapore = around $ 4 Hong Kong. That means the board with all the components = $250 Singapore dollars!

You can send me email through here. The version of the board you posted is an OLD version. I think they have NEW version for the 33e.
Mine is called CD33, without the "e".

CAT
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-10 04:49:17 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks alfcat

I think no point in repairing ,
i stick to my musical fidelity A3 cdp

alfcat you have been such a great help  

cheers
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-10 19:41:43 | 顯示全部樓層
Spells,

Can you describe what is the problem with your CD33? I think there are should be some people here who can help.

At least KK Ho mentioned here a critical problem of CD 66 .... maybe we can offer help as well so that you don't need to throw away your CD player.

CAT
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-11 07:37:48 | 顯示全部樓層
ok thanks

Only problems is when using the analog output the sound distort,
using the digital output via DAC sounded Ok.

I try changing tubes so same problem.

Any help would be great  

Many Thanks
accphoto 發表於 2008-8-11 12:07:08 | 顯示全部樓層
Properly the Main Voltage for the tube is too low.... I see in some forums that they have these problems in some batches....
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-11 13:35:10 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi accphoto
Thanks for the reply

It was working OK for few months, thought it was the tube, change a few
tubes also same problem, sound distorted.

One of my friend say must replace the PCB board, but for
$250 Singapore dollars not worth to replace, coz i bought it 2nd hand
for $450 Singapore dollars.
The unit looks as good as new, only the pcb board got problem.

alfcat my board no. same as yours
CD33A. PCB 2006-8-18
viewer 發表於 2008-8-11 14:28:51 | 顯示全部樓層
hi, spells:

You can check the following:

the white colour areas are fixed well or not ????
There are grounding.

If there are fixed well. you can try to test the yellow colour work well or not ????

If these are fine, may the outop stage problem (i.e resistors, caps etc)

the pcb broad is ebclosed.
Hope to help you.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-11 16:52:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer
Thanks for your reply  

Both the white & yellow are fixed well

regarding resistors & caps i know nothing  :cry:
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-11 19:10:19 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Spells,

You see, lots of good friends around here to help you out! :wink:

Long time no see VIEWER!

Can you give us more details .... distorted = ? High frequency or all frequencies? Any NOISE, like Wooo... or hum? Do you know how to use a Mult-meter?

Check this thread out:

http://www.hififever.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=952&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=725

You may want to go back one or two pages as well. Lots of information from Koifarm, t and others in helping me out to fix my CD33 in the past.

If you are not a DIYer ... then perhaps you just give it up until you can find someone who can help you out.

CAT
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-11 19:20:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks for everyone help  

Maybe you are right Cat
Just give up  :?

as for the distortion, the vocal don't sound right, sometimes no sound
come out.
BTW Thanks again guys for the help   

Cheers
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-11 22:01:25 | 顯示全部樓層
Spells,

Frankly speaking, I think your situation is not that desperate, ha..ha..

But if you are not a DIYer, I cannot say, to urge you to take dangerous steps to try to fix your CD player.

As you said, sometimes there is NO sound coming out .... it would suggest a poor contact, soldering, etc. As the machine gets warm, the problem surfaces.

CAT
viewer 發表於 2008-8-11 23:38:19 | 顯示全部樓層
spells,

I 100% agreed with alfcat advise.

You can try to check the tubes base solder points are fixed well or not ???
I think the problem may be by the tubes output pins .
because you said sometime have sound sometime no sound, the problem may not occurred by the dac chip, op amp and clock.

Hi alfcat.
how are you ?
you are expert for diy now.

my mew toy is audio space as-2.8i tube amp from 2nd hand market. which modified all the caps to Jensen and black gate e-caps. and ero blue flim caps and ppfxs film caps and all rca  and speaker terminals by me.
viewer 發表於 2008-8-12 00:03:02 | 顯示全部樓層
hi alfcat,

any new toys ?????
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-12 07:24:37 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Viewer,

Really LONG TIME NO SEE la. I thought you might be busy these days as the market is much better than 2 years ago.

I am not an expert, ha...ha... far from it. Still learning from people like you around here.

Not much DIY after fixing the Cary KT-88 amp. I did install a pair of TAMURA Input Transformer for my computer boss into the Marantz 7C I first made. The sound stage improved quite some.

However, I do have a lot of new toys. I changed my speakers to Castle Conway 3 Floor Standing. The Bass is more solid now. I sold my Antique Sound Lab AV-25 out and got an Audio Research VT-60SE. I got a CEC DAC DX70MKII and will pick up the CEC Belt Drive CD Transport later this weekend. Practically, I changed EVERYTHING!  :

Will send you a photo or so after everything settled.

I am selling my CAYIN 17A out. Any interest?

CAT
SSWONG 發表於 2008-8-12 16:54:01 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi... viewer & alfcat,

how r u both???

You both good lah didn't use the CD33 already so less headache.... i'm still using the bada HD21 which is quite similar to CD33, really vomit blood.... as usual the CD tray always having problem... and i suspect it is due to over heat, currently i play the CDP without the cover so less problem now.

recently busy DIY tube preamp to sell.

recently face a problem when separate the audiolab 8000A internally to pre & power. afetr separete it and use my tube preamp on the audiolab power amp, my preamp casing become like a microphone, when knock the casing of the preamp, the sound of knocking will come out from speaker, any idea on this??

Dear Spell,

Ifu decided not to repair it, then u mau consider to remove the tube output stage and use it to reconstruct a tube buffer. then u can use optical output to DAC then into tube buffer.

if sound some times has, sometimes don't have then check the connection of the cable from the board to the RCA connector and also check the capacitor nerest to the tube at output stage. since this cap very near to the tube it might be damage by the heat from the tube.

: ) i'm from Malaysia.
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-12 17:52:40 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear WINDWSS,

Ha..ha... let's see who else will surface. CD33 really brings lots of old friends together. Unfortunately, our Western friends like t, Koifarm, KiKo and Blair no longer join us here.

WINDWSS, if you knock on the pre-amp casing and the noise "din din" I suppose comes out, I would strongly suggest you to check the grounding. My colleague pre-amp got the same problem. He purchased it from a local DIY guy who has been selling Pre-amp, amp, etc. at HiFiFever and Review33 as well. Finally, my other colleague fixed it for him as the problem arise from a grounding problem with the volume switch.

I will have to check with my China friend on this CD33 tray problem. So far, almost everyone who got this CD Player has this problem one year after their purchase. I will see what he has to suggest. For my case, it is not an overheating problem as the problem exists even when the CD just starts up.

I think Spells is not a DIYer. Maybe we suggest him to use the CD33 as a plain transport.

CAT
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-13 18:33:01 | 顯示全部樓層
Ifu decided not to repair it, then u mau consider to remove the tube output stage and use it to reconstruct a tube buffer. then u can use optical output to DAC then into tube buffer.

if sound some times has, sometimes don't have then check the connection of the cable from the board to the RCA connector and also check the capacitor nerest to the tube at output stage. since this cap very near to the tube it might be damage by the heat from the tube.

Thanks for the suggestion

The CD33E still looks new, wasted to chuck in one corner, but after listern
to my old Musical Fidelity A3, the A3 still sounded much better than the CD33

Cat i might buy a DAC to setup another system using the CD33

Thanks Again Everyone  :wink:
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-13 19:28:21 | 顯示全部樓層
Spells,

The CD33 won't sound good if you don't modify it.

The first and most important stage, like KK Ho here said, is the power supply. With a good and steady supply of power, the electronics then work well.

You haven't tell us whether you know how to Do It Yourself (you a DIY guy or not?). As a transport, the CD33 is not very good, the CD is just a cheap SONY model.

CAT
 樓主| spells 發表於 2008-8-14 04:48:25 | 顯示全部樓層
You haven't tell us whether you know how to Do It Yourself (you a DIY guy or not?). As a transport, the CD33 is not very good, the CD is just a cheap SONY model.

I try hard to learn diy, so far i only know how to take out the PCB board
:
SSWONG 發表於 2008-8-14 09:36:05 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Cat,

It is not de de grounding problem.... my preamp is working well on 8000A (without internal separate to pre & power), for 8000A, in order to fully release its power, we need to separte it internally.

My problem is that when i use the (internal spearted 8000A), my preamp casing act like a mic, whatever sound u make on the preamp casing will be transfer to the speaker through the power amp.
Most probably is the problem of 8000A after internal separation.

Spell,
Ha... learning modification & DIy need to pay for lesson at initial stage, most probably may spoil some PCB especially those china made product...
anyway it is a good start.

I personally suggest not to spend much to modify the CD33 since this player not reliable, the more u modify more problem will come, you may really vomit bloood. If want to mod, better mod the MF A3 and a a tube buffer after the DAC.
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-14 09:55:28 | 顯示全部樓層
WINDWSS,

Do this experiment.

Turn on the Pre-amp, turn on the Power Amp. Get a metallic object like pen, screwdriver. Knock on the CASING of the Pre-amp with the tip of the metallic object. Even with the volume = off, you can hear the "din din" sound through the speaker. The CASING is like a MIC, pick up the noise made by the small "tap" from the metallic object and then transfer it to the rest of the system.

This happens to a lot of CHEAP Chinese Amp. You don't hear the "deee.... deee...." sound when you turn them on. Yet, you knock on the case, the noise comes out magnified. If I still remember it right, this can ALSO be a grounding problem. I think I have a DVD segment on this, give me some time to see if I can dig it up for you.

CAT
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-14 10:00:29 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Spells,

It is always hard if you don't have anyone by your side.

I started DIY just last April. I am an Economist and I never got the chance to learn Electronics. Lucky for me, I have colleagues who do DIY and I also have people who knows Physics beside me.

The job gets easy when you have PEERS! :wink:  I have been a teacher for over 20 years and this is what I learned from observing my students with their studies.

If you would like to learn more on DIY, join some courses in Singapore. Elementary ones will do. And the most important thing is, get someone you can share your ideas / products with.

CAT
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-14 13:52:26 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear WINDWSS,

Sorry, my poor memory. I double checked the DVD segment. The noise should come out if you tap on the chasis / casing. Will it come out when you tap the Transformer or the Vacuum Tube?

This should be a problem of Microphonics. Could have a couple of causes; the casing, the socket, the transformer or even the tubes.

CAT
SSWONG 發表於 2008-8-21 10:54:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Cat,

no mater knock on which part, as long as it will create the sound/vibration, this will transfer to the speaker....

I think it shld be Microphonics problem, any method to solve it.

Actually this will not happen when i use the intergrated amp as power amp.

i need to reconfirm by plug into the full power amp like 8000P and so on only can judge the problem is due to my DIY preamp or due to the 8000A when sperate internally.

Hmm, recently had made a DIY double helix interconnect as recomended by www.vhaudio.com, not bad.
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-21 11:23:13 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear WINDWSS,

I will ask to see if someone got the answer to this problem. Actually, the DVD I got should provide solution as the presenter demonstrated it. However, I really HATE to watch that DVD. It was taken by an amatuer, shaking left and right, panning here and there every two seconds. Watching it makes me nausea and want to vomit .... :cry:  

No kidding.

CAT
SSWONG 發表於 2008-8-22 11:54:19 | 顯示全部樓層
Just some sharing.
last night i take a look on the circuit on my 8000A, maybe i know how to solve this microphonic problem.

when i use 8000a as power amp without internal separation, the signal actually is smaller as half will goto the power amp of 8000A, half will goto preamp part of 8000A(not been use) --> sould level become  ~ half.

When i do internal separation, full signal will go directly to the power amp section of 8000A, the microphonics occur so i guess i shall reduce the amplitude of signal by increase the resistor to solve this problem.
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-23 16:20:49 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear WINDWSS,

That's good news.

I will try to see if I can watch that DVD of mine with a smaller screen. I hope in this way I won't feel sick that easily.

CAT
SSWONG 發表於 2008-8-26 13:44:26 | 顯示全部樓層
Cat,

Don't need to watch the DVD already... i know how to solve /reduce it....
alfcat 發表於 2008-8-27 09:56:31 | 顯示全部樓層
It is okay. I paid for that DVD .. ha..ha.. Anyway, I want to learn something too.
superwhite 發表於 2008-9-20 02:32:58 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi All,

My CD33 still survive.... ( touch wood)   the best is don't mod too much on this CDP, because of the track will easy come out when u solder it... ops:
alfcat 發表於 2008-9-20 12:53:54 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Superwhite,

I intended to bring the Power Supply PCB  back to Mainland for their inspection yesterday. But as I have posted in another thread, the plaze is under heavy renovation and won't be opened until end of Sept.

Will see what had probably caused the problem of "No Disc" and other issues from the CD33.

CAT
SSWONG 發表於 2008-10-10 17:21:55 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi just for sharing.

In case those cd 33, bada player owner got the problem of pressing the eject and CD tray don't move out... problem most cause by the contact of the device attached. just use sand paper to remove the oxidation...

this device at the bottom and attached to 1 of the motor.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
alfcat 發表於 2008-10-11 16:36:26 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear WINDWSS,

I tried to clean those contact points using Contact Cleaner already. The problem seems to go away for the first few times. Later, it won't work any more. I double the cable problem .....

CAT
SSWONG 發表於 2008-10-13 09:37:34 | 顯示全部樓層
your contact cleaner is liquid type? try to use sandpaper and see...

frankly the cable also always give problem especially the falt cable is very sensitive....since my pplayer working properly now so i had decided not to mod, open or do anything on it....
alfcat 發表於 2008-10-13 22:04:30 | 顯示全部樓層
WINDWSS,

Yes, I have more than one contact cleaner. However, they are all liquid type.

I sold the CD 33 out as spare parts to Koifarm in Netherlands. I hope he can make use of the spare parts to help his fellows there.

True .... if you are having no trouble with it, DON'T open it. My advice to all who wants to modify these players as well --- Plan and Do ALL modification in ONE pass. The PCB can't withstand too many soldering and de-soldering. Not to mention pulling the cables in and out.

I am VERY pleased with the CEC Belt Drive CD. Very nice indeed.

CAT
SSWONG 發表於 2008-10-14 09:15:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Cat,

In case i want to use the cd 33 DAC board to make a separate DAC so that i can DIY a CD trnasport using better cd pickup like cdm9...do u think it is possible?

I'm quite frustrated with the sony kss213 & the cd mechanism on my player.....
alfcat 發表於 2008-10-16 11:46:48 | 顯示全部樓層
WINDWSS,

I am not sure whether you can match any DIY CD Transport with the DAC board of the CD33.

The CDM9 and the Pro 2 should be pretty good transports. I haven't compare them with my CEC belt drive.

For the DAC part, I have listened to High Grade 1541 chip set DAC and the heavily modified Lite DAC 60 by Accphoto. We compared the two side by side. They give different tastes. Personally, I prefer the Lite DAC-60 more.

BTW, I dropped you an email. Please check your usual address.

CAT
SSWONG 發表於 2008-10-16 15:01:45 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Cat,

I had received your email. Thanks.

Frankly speaking, 1541/1541A is very analog, sweet vocal... but just not suit my taste.... i feel the 1541A is to flat, not exciting and the bass is really not my taste....

i think PCM type of DAC maybe more suit my taste....
alfcat 發表於 2008-10-17 08:31:38 | 顯示全部樓層
The last time I listen to this 1541, we were playing female vocal, jazz like stuffs. It was very nice compared with the DAC-60.

But for other aspects, it is not that good. Details, Bass .... seems to me I like the DAC-60 (modified) more.

Still wondering whether I should sell my CEC DAC ... ha..ha.. Afterall, Tube components got lots of modification that we can do.

CAT
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 23:04 , Processed in 0.049253 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表