找回密碼
 註冊
樓主: viewer

opa 627bp in MHZS cd33

[複製鏈接]
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-9 20:16:13 | 顯示全部樓層

Re: opa 627bp in MHZS cd33

[quote:43f35aed7c="viewer"]Hi winwss,

The two caps in front of the tubes as a filter of opa 2604's outup, so affect of the sound two much.

both are important, if change boths, that the sound will be closed to prefect.

Have you upgraded you cdp also?

thank you for sharing.[/quote]

Hi Viewer,
i totally agree with you :wink: , WINDWSS, if want to change choose the best or the sound that you like, if not you will waste your money :cry: , think twice before change  :wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-10 19:28:55 | 顯示全部樓層

opa 627bp in MHZS cd33

Hi superwhite,

I have some suggection to you CDP33 in as follow:

Try to replace 4  Rubycon ecaps which are beside of 4 Elna slim ecaps,
because these ecap are not suitable for audio.
I suggect to use elna audio grade ecap same value (costs HK$100.00), The bass will be solid and stronge than original very much (lower costs high gain). and try to replace the clock to 1ppm (costs HK$100.00)). It will be great.

Thank you for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-10 21:05:07 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks Viewer.  

But my transformer has BLOW! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  HELP! i need help!, where can i found same Transformer? :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-10 21:56:09 | 顯示全部樓層
i tot is transformer problem, but after checking found is my power side CAP Shorting(one of the mundorf ZN cap) Dont know why it get shorting. hope is only CAP problem....... :wink:   is this because i using 0.22uf 630V not the 0.22uf 1000V, will it get better?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-10 23:01:53 | 顯示全部樓層

opa 627bp in MHZS cd33

hi superwhite,

Is it really cap solder shorting?????
Is it fine, when you re-solder the m-cap? if just this problem, i think you solder the m-cap not good before.

0.22uf/1000v not better than 0.22uf/630v. becuase the voltage just 220v. I said in hk. I don't know what voltage of your country.

Thanks for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-10 23:20:12 | 顯示全部樓層

[quote:fcc7257f13="viewer"]hi superwhite,

Is it really cap solder shorting?????
Is it fine, when you re-solder the m-cap? if just this problem, i think you solder the m-cap not good before.

0.22uf/1000v not better than 0.22uf/630v. becuase the voltage just 220v. I said in hk. I don't know what voltage of your country.

Thanks for sharing.[/quote]

Hi Viewer,

Thanks for sharing, now is confirm cap shorting, bcoz i using my multimeter to measure, i get 0ohm, mean shorting, than i try to measur the second cap, i get infinity reading.... actually i'm electronic background, i get my first soldering tool from my uncle when i was 12yrs old,  :wink: voltage over here same, 220V-240V, normally here we get 240V. will try to ask my diy shop for help, dont know what he can offer me....   :wink:
hope just cap problem....... :wink:
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-11 10:04:44 | 顯示全部樓層

Thanks for advise, i still not upgrade my cdp by changing the cap yet as i'm not familiar with the characteristic of different brand of cap, also not good in soldering. Better do more homework 1st. Actually i'm not using cd33, i'm using Bada HD-21 with single tube only but the circuit setup look similar as cd33 so i guess the modification will be similar....

[quote:10f8c81e45="superwhite"][quote:10f8c81e45="viewer"]Hi winwss,

The two caps in front of the tubes as a filter of opa 2604's outup, so affect of the sound two much.

both are important, if change boths, that the sound will be closed to prefect.

Have you upgraded you cdp also?

thank you for sharing.[/quote]

Hi Viewer,
i totally agree with you :wink: , WINDWSS, if want to change choose the best or the sound that you like, if not you will waste your money :cry: , think twice before change  :wink:[/quote]
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-11 20:32:33 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi to all,

Finally my CDP is back         

According to my diy shop here, he said the Mundorf ZN is not suitable for power supply filtering circuit, it only use for output side or low voltage circuit. :wink: lucky-ly is only the cap, so i have no choice change the cap to Mundorf silver/oil,( cant get any other low price cap to replace like ROE).
Damn EXPANSIVE leh.

Hi WINDWSS,

She's back.   
maybe can give you some tip on you Bada HD21 modification..... hope to hear you ready for modification...... :wink:
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-12 11:43:25 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

so what's the uF of your mundof/Zn? it is 2.2 or 0.22uF? what will u do with it?? exchange back from the diy shop??
it it suit for the filter at opamp?? (near the tube side).
I had obtain my GE JAN 5670W last night, even only warm up for <1hr, It's sound is so sweet n warm. Resolution, detail & bass tightness may not as good as WE396 but i like it's warm vocal....really comfortable.... i'm quite satisfy at this moment. So wait until u become master of modification then i only start mod hahaha... :  :  :twisted: Temporary just change tube, twist wire enough :roll:
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-12 13:44:35 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear All,

Need some advise from you all, i found the coil between the power coupling capasitor will have noise, sss sound when the power cord is on but the power on button on front panel is still off. The noise will stop after the palyer had start play disc. But the noise will come again if the disc not playing and leave the player on "on" position.

So what is the problem do you all think? is it the coil in the middle of the power coupling cap or??
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-12 15:56:41 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:01733d9729="WINDWSS"]superwhite,

so what's the uF of your mundof/Zn? it is 2.2 or 0.22uF? what will u do with it?? exchange back from the diy shop??
it it suit for the filter at opamp?? (near the tube side).
I had obtain my GE JAN 5670W last night, even only warm up for <1hr, It's sound is so sweet n warm. Resolution, detail & bass tightness may not as good as WE396 but i like it's warm vocal....really comfortable.... i'm quite satisfy at this moment. So wait until u become master of modification then i only start mod hahaha... :  :  :twisted: Temporary just change tube, twist wire enough :roll:[/quote]

same, 0.22uf 1200V , buy new one..... bcoz the shop said this cap cant be use in direct power(mean 240VAC)mean in the power filterring side, not bcoz cant use, but when you turn on the power switch, there is a SURGE current, maybe this will cost the cap SPOILT. :cry:

i tot you buy from web, TUNGSOL 5670?
now you can enjoy the music more...........after change the tube. :wink:
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-13 10:54:20 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

The GE JAN 5670 i ask my friend by from singapore.
The Tungsol i just put in the order, maybe recieve in 2 week time...

In internet saw some people say tungsol's characteristic is in between GE & WE so should suit me....

since the zn cap not suit for power coupling then i cannot buy 2nd hand from u lo   I prefer to spend on try different tube than changing expensive cap  :twisted:  :twisted:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 14:31:35 | 顯示全部樓層

opa 627bp in MHZS cd33

Hi superwhite,

Long time no hearing from you,
what are you doing on you cdp ??????

I have upgraded my MHZS cd33 in finial stage as follow:
1. replaced the power filter caps to Jensen 0.22uf/6320v (alu tube).
2. replaced the outup caps to Jensen 0.22/630v pure copper foil.
The reslut is very great.  all range are impoved much.
enclosed the it's photo for your sharing.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 14:34:41 | 顯示全部樓層
Photo:

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 14:37:59 | 顯示全部樓層
photo 2.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 14:40:18 | 顯示全部樓層
photo 1

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 14:41:22 | 顯示全部樓層
photo 3

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 14:42:02 | 顯示全部樓層
photo 4.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-17 14:55:51 | 顯示全部樓層
Viewer,

u had spend total how much on the modification? Jensen cap not cheap leh!

I only know superwhite had change all the jumper wire to silver wire but need wait the result from him....

By the way what the amplifer and speaker you are using?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 15:18:40 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi  WINDWSS,

Total cost for jensen cap around $700 because has discount in hong kong shop.
I used MF A400A class A amp.  and Mission bookself speaker (add DC current on cross caps.).
Total costs of upgrade around HK$1000 but the sound is better HK$10,000.00's cdp.

Diy not base on money. just fun. That is the interestof Diy.
do you agreed.

Thanks.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 15:19:41 | 顯示全部樓層
sorry, that is Muscial Fidelity A500A class amp.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 15:20:30 | 顯示全部樓層
the cost for jensen is $900 (HK)
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-17 17:41:48 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:d93d488c56="viewer"]Hi  WINDWSS,

I used MF A400A class A amp.  and Mission bookself speaker (add DC current on cross caps.).
Total costs of upgrade around HK$1000 but the sound is better HK$10,000.00's cdp.

do you agreed.

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi Bro Viewer,

Yes! i totally agree! diy is something like satisfaction, after you change something that improve on sound! Everyday learn new thing n is Fun, you wound feel bore, that my main purpose i buying this CD player..... :wink:

just get my silver cable, for my speaker, look like the silver cable very bright n clear. I dont know how long this cable need to run in :?  i got my Diode , n now still waiting my OPAMP . dont know until when i can get my OPAMP.

but 1 thing for sure, the Mundorf Silver/oil cap, Very Fast, it even faster than my friend cambridge audio 640C CDP.  :wink:

want to try the jensen cap, but cant get here, i only manage to find AudioNote Copper oil, dont know this Good or not , viewer what you think about this cap?
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-17 17:44:54 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:936a2d7b9e="viewer"]Hi  WINDWSS,

do you agreed.

Thanks.[/quote]

Wah Bro viewer, want meh? use big amp to drive small speaker, the volume not even 8o'clock :  (joke)
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-17 19:19:25 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Need your help, if the cap is 22uf 35V, can i replace with 22uf 50V? any advantage n disadvantage?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 21:28:43 | 顯示全部樓層
hi, superwhite,
sorry i am late to reply you, because out for dinner.

50v replace 25v is ok it will be better than 25v.
advantage can accept votage up to 50V and lower lost on singal.
disadvantage is the sound speed will be lower.
audionote caps is same as jensen cap, because jensen is oem for audionote.
but the price is lower than audionote.

You said replace siliver cableand inter connect, I think in you cpd will to fast, the sound will be to clear. This is my mind. copper is better.

Thank you for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-17 22:32:53 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:ebaf036558="viewer"]hi, superwhite,
sorry i am late to reply you, because out for dinner.

50v replace 25v is ok it will be better than 25v.
advantage can accept votage up to 50V and lower lost on singal.
disadvantage is the sound speed will be lower.
audionote caps is same as jensen cap, because jensen is oem for audionote.
but the price is lower than audionote.

You said replace siliver cableand inter connect, I think in you cpd will to fast, the sound will be to clear. This is my mind. copper is better.

Thank you for sharing.[/quote]

Hi Viewer,

Thanks for your info, it really help :wink:

not the interconnect, but speaker cable, i found it not suitable for my ear, too sharp, ofcause this cable have more DETAIL n CLEAR compare to my previous cable, is it need to run for long period? will try to get the 7N UPOCC cable n  try it :wink:

but 1 thing, i scare if i change to Copper oil, the speed will become slow....     what do you think?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-17 23:24:04 | 顯示全部樓層
hi superwhite,

In my point, if you change copper oil the speed will slow a little, but very match you cdp 33 Map cap outup supreme siliver oil (speed and clear)
copper oil will add a warm and more bass. It must be run 300 hours.

Thank you for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-18 00:40:15 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:0d933f9af1="viewer"]hi superwhite,

In my point, if you change copper oil the speed will slow a little, but very match you cdp 33 Map cap outup supreme siliver oil (speed and clear)
copper oil will add a warm and more bass. It must be run 300 hours.

Thank you for sharing.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

Thanks! :wink:  may try on copper oil n see what different...... but have to run again....... somemore 300hrs
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-18 11:08:26 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear viewer & superwhite,

Diy is fun but when need to do sodering i a bit worry... my soldering skill too bad....

Superwhite,

ha... if u change to audionote cap... then u 12 sell your 0.22uF mondoff? : )
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-18 15:17:28 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

see how first, the Cap have been reserve.

Still want to find some solution on my SPEAKER CABLE   dont know what good for my speaker) i still prefer the CABLE TALK 4 , more sweet but less detail........ any good Speaker cable in the market?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-18 18:35:09 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

If your solder skill is not good, I suggest you learn more on it first,
because the PCB broad and the material are easy broken or shorting with other.

thank for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-18 18:51:47 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:5e48b8d9ea="WINDWSS"]Dear viewer & superwhite,

Diy is fun but when need to do sodering i a bit worry... my soldering skill too bad....

Superwhite,

ha... if u change to audionote cap... then u 12 sell your 0.22uF mondoff? : )[/quote]

Hi Bro WINDWSS,

Dont worry i can guide you... but 1st you got to buy the soldering Gun, soldering lead n soldering paste(if need). Then buy a kits(small kit, can be anything) after that call me, i can drop by n guide you...... :wink:
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-19 12:22:59 | 顯示全部樓層
Thank you both of you for the advice and guidance.....i will try to do mare practise before start soldering on teh board....

Superwhite,

will ask your help when all teh tools ready.....

For your speaker, try seperate and twist your internal cable in speaker 1st, if possible replace the white sponge to the yelow fibre sponge which people use in exzos pipe..... with this 2 trick most speaker will have better detail,sound stage, less quantity but tightter bass and more transparent...

After u do the above trick, u may not get the best sound immediately, it will take several day for it to stable as the spong will need time to adjust it spacing.....

from my experience every time after i adjsut the amount of fibre spong n positing on sand bag in my AE AEGIS it will take several day to stable down... thus initially the sound may not good....  it is quite time consuming unless u enjoy testing....

for speaker cable u may look for 7n single crystal loh.... i'm not as ambitius as u, i'm satisfy with my own make CAT5 cable....except my interconnect....
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-19 17:03:30 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

Pls call when you ready...... :wink:

for the cable problem, i using CAT6 cable now, will get some cap n start MOD my cd player tomorrow..... will post some PIC later...... :wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-19 17:27:40 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi, superwhite,

I hope to see you modified cdp soon.

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-19 17:46:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

But call up the DIY shop here said no 4700uf 25V cap :cry: , ask anything also dont have..... dont know where to source some cap   maybe just change what ever there have first....... :wink:

Thanks!
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-19 18:48:53 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

I would like to let me know, which brand of cap you prefer ??

I am using Elna Ra3 and Nichicon Muse. these quit good for bass.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-19 19:05:53 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:312fb693e6="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

I would like to let me know, which brand of cap you prefer ??

I am using Elna Ra3 and Nichicon Muse. these quit good for bass.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

i actually looking for elna cerafine, but there dont have, there only have is BG N series, 4700uf 35V about USD44/pc    too expansive...... there said maybe have panasonic cap..... have to drop by tomorrow to DIY shop n see what there have :roll:

Thanks!
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-19 20:44:52 | 顯示全部樓層
hi, superwhite,

Is it  panasonic cap FK or FC series. (audio grade) ? It is musical.
The costs of it is not expensive. go head

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-19 23:00:22 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:868730a1f7="viewer"]hi, superwhite,

Is it  panasonic cap FK or FC series. (audio grade) ? It is musical.
The costs of it is not expensive. go head

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

Thanks! will drop by the shop n ask what panasonic cap he has,

which one better? FK or FC? :roll: , how about BG std compare to panasonic?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-20 00:08:54 | 顯示全部樓層
hi, superwhite,

FK's size is tall than FC is standard acuatlly as same.
Of cours, BG standard is better than panasonic cap FX and FC. but BG std also very expensive.

If you diy shop provide the  Pureism and X-Pro series Capacitor is made by Panasonic Electronic specially for Audio, that the sound quality same sd BG std, it is cheap than BG std.
up to you.

reference web site :
http://eshop.diyclub.biz/product_info.php?products_id=265

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-20 00:13:32 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi, superwhite.
ref web sit http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/pdf/ABA0000CE22.pdf

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-20 00:29:29 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:f20546ac0d="viewer"]Hi, superwhite.
ref web sit http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/pdf/ABA0000CE22.pdf

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

Thanks for your help
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-20 10:12:57 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote="superwhite"][quote="viewer"]
i actually looking for elna cerafine, but there dont have, there only have is BG N series, 4700uf 35V about USD44/pc    too expansive......
quote]

That's the problem faced in Malaysia and it is the main factor DIY is not popular in Malaysia..-->hard to get parts, less choice... not much 2nd hand shop for HI FI equipment.....

cecil 發表於 2006-10-20 11:04:56 | 顯示全部樓層
What is the difference between OPA627AM and OPA627bp?

My Shanling T80 has 3 OPA2604, I've recently replaced 1 OPA2604 with 2XOPA627AM + adaptor.  The player sounds warmer than before.

Just wonder whether changing the other 2 will give extra improvement, but quite expensive.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-20 16:56:48 | 顯示全部樓層
hi superwhite,

Have you drop the cap today.

I enclosed the photo of panasonic cap FC for your reference.

Thanks.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-20 17:03:12 | 顯示全部樓層
hi, ceci,

Opa 627 am is the best. don't waste the money to change other opa.

I also have Opa 627ap, 627bp, 627am, Opa 134, AD797AH, 5534 Philip
,5534 bis S.

AD797 natural sound.
OPA627AM Hi Fi sound.
5534 bis S not clear.

Thank you for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-20 17:36:40 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

thanks for the Cap Picture, as WINDWSS said, what you want, there dont have, what there have only BG, reason 'what for get the cheap cake later sure you going to change again, it waste your money'  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
my dream crash after hear their comment........  just get 2 elna cerafine 100v 100uf(the only elna they have), some kiwame resistor n diode. hope next month can come out some budget to buy cap...   

some my up date picture

superwhite 發表於 2006-10-20 20:48:45 | 顯示全部樓層
another picture, some modification, change kimawe n diode.

after the modification, i try some of my favourite songs, it more warm n midrange thicker compare last time, i happy with it :wink:

Thanks for sharing
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:08 , Processed in 0.047620 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表