找回密碼
 註冊
樓主: viewer

opa 627bp in MHZS cd33

[複製鏈接]
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-21 12:42:05 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

How feeling of tube Western Electric W396A ???
Is it are using in you cd33 ???
have you used RCA 5670 before and the felling ????
because in other web site is on sale around HK$120.00 pair.

Thanks you very much.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-21 13:02:22 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:98509f493b="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

Thanks you very much.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

BUY IT! good deal!   WE396A is a musical tube, Fast, the bass is stronger, compare to 5670 tube. you won't regret. even if you DONT wan , is very easy to sell off :wink: .

WINDWSS is using GE5670, i also bring 1 unit WE396A to him for testing, he also notice the diferrent, i think if put on your Jensen copper sound will be much better.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-21 13:04:49 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

Thank you yor advise.
I will try it later.

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-21 13:06:59 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

you know any online shop in hong kong selling Jensen Ecap or ROE?
:roll:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-21 15:18:14 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

The Jensen authorized dealer in Hong Kong as follow web site:
http://www.soundexplorer.com/home/home.htm
Or you can buy it in http://www.Hififever.com

The other web sit for roe caps as follows in Taiwan:
http://www.tubefan.com.tw/capacitor-2.htm
http://www.thlaudio.com/

Hope to help you.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-21 15:22:58 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhit,

A other web site you can find the caps as follow:
http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalog/CapacitorsFilm.html

My friend have buy Mit Rtx cap , tubs base and wire from this web sit, the good quality is very great. and some goods are cheap than HK.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-21 16:26:38 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Viewer,

thanks! for your useful info.

i know hififever sell the jensen cap, but only 2 0r 3 choice.... :? i just that i dont want to trouble Mr William, always ask for price...... :wink:

will check it out later      
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-21 20:12:53 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Viewer,

you have any idea of this two cap? good or bad?

ELNA starget, but dont have the value i want......

Nichicon Fine Gold..... look good

Sanyo OS-CON some said this is not a audio grade cap?

Thanks for sharing :wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-21 22:42:02 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,
first photo look for audio but  like not real goods. colour not clear.
second photo for computer use not for audio.
third  photo just for ditigal eg. IC DAC only.

THANKS.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-21 22:46:38 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:2d475e66a5="viewer"]Hi superwhite,
first photo look for audio but  like not real goods. colour not clear.
second photo for computer use not for audio.
third  photo just for ditigal eg. IC DAC only.

THANKS.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

thanks for info.

not much choice already, now left the RIFA PEH124 cap...... this suitable?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-22 00:12:42 | 顯示全部樓層
hi superwhite,

RIFA PEH124 cap is very suitable. it si good cap.

Thank.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-22 01:39:27 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:282213894a="viewer"]hi superwhite,

RIFA PEH124 cap is very suitable. it si good cap.

Thank.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

will get the rifa cap soon, but just that here having a long holiday.... so got to wait next week only can get the cap.... actually i found it at RS component.

N finally get 2 more audio cap , 1 is VISHAY sprague atom, second one is Panasonic FC in farnell. Hong kong also got FARNELL, you can log in  http://www.farnell.com/  to select Hong Kong web, many cap to choose.....
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-22 15:12:06 | 顯示全部樓層
hi, superwhite,

Thank you for you information.

I have suprise toyou. I made a black colour picture paper on the CD. (Same size with CD) the sound from my speaker should be solid, clear, 3D.improved much.
costs = no costs.
You can try it or give comment.

Thanks you.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-22 18:03:58 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:85c0878fe9="viewer"]hi, superwhite,

Thank you for you information.

I have suprise toyou. I made a black colour picture paper on the CD. (Same size with CD) the sound from my speaker should be solid, clear, 3D.improved much.
costs = no costs.
You can try it or give comment.

Thanks you.[/quote]

Hi Viewer,

Really? o.k, will find black paper n try it.... :wink:

i have 1 more thing to ask, what series good for cd player?( i mean vishay or vishay BC Component) i saw so many series on FARNELL, dont know what to choose..... :?
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-22 23:22:04 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer and superwhite,

Actually there are another alternative instead of making a black paper disc use on the CD, if u have old disket, open it and take the black manegtic thin sheet inside. it will give similar effect and much more easier than make it, nowaday most of the disket is 3.5inch, if u can get the 5.25inch one will be bettre as the size similar as the CD. But becareful, must remove thorougly the glue if not it may stick on the player tray.

The main fuction to to reduce vibration so sound stage become clear, less noice. If u willing to spend then can just buy this type of damping mat but not cheap loh....

Viewer,
Need some advise from you, do you think evox-rifa cap is better or wima (MKC4)is better or RIFA PHE 428? If use for tube coupling cap...

superwhite,

I now so aggresive as u thus i now ask friend around to get me some un-use circuit board n try to retreat useful cap. A lot medical equipment is using cap such as rifa, wima, nichikon n so on. Anybody heard of ERO cap (KP 1836 E5)? good or not?
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-22 23:30:54 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:1e40107aab="superwhite"][quote:1e40107aab="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

Thanks you very much.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

BUY IT! good deal!   WE396A is a musical tube, Fast, the bass is stronger, compare to 5670 tube. you won't regret. even if you DONT wan , is very easy to sell off :wink: .

WINDWSS is using GE5670, i also bring 1 unit WE396A to him for testing, he also notice the diferrent, i think if put on your Jensen copper sound will be much better. [/quote]

Hi Viewer & superwhite,

Intially when i change my 6N3J to GE jan5670w, feel that GE sound very sweet, warm & nice but a bit slow & not so detail --> good for vocal but bass less tight, musical instrument also less excited. Since i prefer intrument like drum and so on, thus i some time change back to 6N3J when listen to musical instrumnet then back to GE when vocal.... Generally i will say WE 396 is overall good, sweet with detail thus no need to always change tube while listen to different song/music. compare the GE, WE396 is less warm & sweet but more detail, faster. GE tube construct is a way that it reduce the detail in order to give very warm & sweet sound.....
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-23 10:15:36 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Superwhite,

vishay or vishay BC Component for ecap are good (euro sound) warm and sweet.

Hi Windwss,

My Das is using a lot of RIFA PHE 428 caps, the high notes is clear (good).
I have no use Wima MKC4 before, so no comment on it.
But I used Wima MKP10 and Wima Black Box before. RIFA PHE 428 same of Wima MKP10.
Since Wima MKP10 is high grade than MKC4 so RIFA PHE 428 may be better than MKC4. I think.

Thanks for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-23 11:05:41 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

thanks, plan change all ecap to vishay even the 100uf 16v :wink: , will see how the sound like

Hi WINDWSS,

Bro! sound like you getting HOT now :shock: , when you going to MOD your cd? i'm still waiting......... :wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-23 13:25:58 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

Please let me the result and photo of you upgrade.

I think you will like the sound much after replaced the ecaps.

Thank you.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-23 13:31:45 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:9b30b696e1="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

Please let me the result and photo of you upgrade.

I think you will like the sound much after replaced the ecaps.

Thank you.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

Sure! :wink:  , but have to wait, because in here we having a LONG HOLLIDAY, maybe the shop will open next week.   

Thanks! hope sound like your said......
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-23 15:58:38 | 顯示全部樓層
hi viewer,

Thank for your info, as i know the MKC is metallized polycarbonate cap, it seems it is more expensive material than polypropene and have good electronics characteristic but i'm not sure good for audio use or not as i since most people like to use polypropene cap. MKP or MKS is the replacement for MKC as MKC no longer manufactured.... but i'm just thinking some manufacturer sometimes stop production of some product is to reduce cost with reduce a bit the quality. So sometimes latest version may not be better.... so in audio u think poly propene or polycarbonate is better?

Superwhite,

Ha... i not so ambitius and willing to spend like you... thus i look for other alternative way to look for parts loh.... by the way u 12 DIY a tube preamp not i got a DIY diagram using 6n3 & 6N11.....

Ah forget to tell u that i got some info on modify audilab 8000A which is to seperate the pre & power of the 8000A.....
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-23 17:11:58 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

Tube pre-amp? not this moment, wait until i finnish MOD my CD player first, bcoz, if DIY Pre-amp, also need lot Budget, same thing like cd Player,
i want better sound, that why i spent some money to buy good component, you dont want after you Built the pre-amp, sound is worse than your AUDIOLAB, then no point to DIY the Pre-amp, also i want to Mod this cd Player to the MAX then only MOD my AUDIOLAB amp........ :wink:

So when you want to MOD your 8000A ? :wink:

Thanks for the diagram, if Tube pre-amp i Prefer to built CV3
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 12:38:24 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

want your help, what resistor is good for MOD my CDP? Metal Film or Wirewound? do we really need low tolorence like 0.1%? is our resistor GOOD? After change some KIWAME resistor sound Good, warm n sweet, but they dont have 0.5W resistor.

Thanks.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 13:03:27 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

Over 0.5w is no problem, I also replace the resistors behind the tubs, to 1w.
If you want changed to 0.1% tolorence resistors sometime be good but price is high.
e.g Vishay box style (black colour) 0.1% tolorence resistors but very expensive = HK$170 each. (Very good).
Your present  resistors is very good la !!!!!!!
Is the KIWAME resistors are 1w??????

I suggest you don"t upgrade many times. because the IC will be esay shorted or locked. becare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your present cdp is very good la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you changed opa to 627am that the sound have great improve.

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 13:16:45 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:f7cd2cd2ab="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

Over 0.5w is no problem, I also replace the resistors behind the tubs, to 1w.
If you want changed to 0.1% tolorence resistors sometime be good but price is high.
e.g Vishay box style (black colour) 0.1% tolorence resistors but very expensive = HK$170 each. (Very good).
Your present  resistors is very good la !!!!!!!
Is the KIWAME resistors are 1w??????

I suggest you don"t upgrade many times. because the IC will be esay shorted or locked. becare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your present cdp is very good la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you changed opa to 627am that the sound have great improve.

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi Viewer,

o.k, Thanks, just that i buy the capacitor n 1 short buy also the resistor.

the KIwame only have 2W, but the size same as 1W.... no problem replce 1W with 2W.

the OPAMP still not arrived on DIY shop maybe have to wait 2 more week.

:wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 13:31:18 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

Normally resistor for cdp 1/2w is enough.
higher no problem.

Thanks.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 13:38:43 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

Any comment on RCA 5670 tube compare with GE5670, WE 396A or others.

Thanks
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 13:46:25 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Cant really find the 0.5W resistor with 0.1% tolorance, only can find 0.25W , is this suitable? maybe go for Holco(maybe only)

i found the Vishay box resistor also, around that price also but dont have the value i want...... if have also not going to change(Is too expansive)

Thanks for sharing!

P/s: you still Mod your CD Player? any News? :wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 13:51:15 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

because CD33 is tube cdp so I think use 1W is better. because CD33 is original 1W. in outup and power supply.  or ask the diy shop.

Now i have no mod my cd33 now, I enjoy its music. because its soun is suitable for me.

thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 14:00:22 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:6d2cb5a86b="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

Any comment on RCA 5670 tube compare with GE5670, WE 396A or others.

Thanks[/quote]

Hi viewer,

sorry, i dont have any comment on it, but for lot of FORUM said, still the NOS is the best, RCA is NOS should be better than GE, why not try WE396A? cant get WE396A? if you really want some tube SOUND really different, my advice is WE396A, if not like my DIY shop Always said" here good abit, there good abit, after all only good abit" after all only good abit, but you have pay 2more tube price.    try WE396A my advice..... :wink: if you feel that this tube not suitable, you still can sell it same price or you post to web n sell it,very good price. (most of shanling owner want this tube)

my 2cent :wink:

Just sharing
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 14:04:34 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

Thank you so much.
I will try it.

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 14:11:35 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Hope you won't regret, :wink:

Hi WINDWSS,

How your progress? your TUBE arrived? any modification on your CDP?
Hope got good news. :wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 14:11:43 | 顯示全部樓層
hi superwhite,

I have suggection to you on your cdp photo enclosed which point out e-cap.
I changed it to Black Gate Stand e-cap. the sound have improved

It you changed it to Black Gate Non-polar e-cap same uf same valtage, that the sound will be more improved. but the costs will be higher than balck gate standard e-cap more.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 14:21:26 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

I plan to change it to VISHAY TE series, bcoz all CAP using VISHAY

is this suitable, or black gate N better?

Any idea on TANTALUM cap? good?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 14:28:44 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

Vishay is belong Philip now.
Black Gate is the best e-cap in the world, go-ahead to change Black gate even standard serise should be better that vishay te serise. Just the price is higher that others. Same as Jensen and M-cap.

Just my view.

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 14:35:15 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

o.k so 1 have to change my plan..... :cry:  but is o.k, bcoz i want musical sound not digital...... :wink:

(if blackGate have to come out more budget already..... )

Thanks bro!
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 14:51:00 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

I do't understand that if you want warm and sweet sound,why you used M-cap. Its sound is face to clear ,  bass not the best. In my view I will prefer use Jensen pure copper foil cap.

do you agreed??????

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 15:03:40 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:2534371bb1="viewer"]Hi superwhite,

I do't understand that if you want warm and sweet sound,why you used M-cap. Its sound is face to clear ,  bass not the best. In my view I will prefer use Jensen pure copper foil cap.

do you agreed??????

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi viewer,

I actually look for JENSEN b4 mod my CDP, but after i search for long long time cant get the Jensen here, the only similar is Audionote Copper PIO, but according to DIYSHOP said, this cap got 1 problem, shorting when use in 300B amp..... , so he recomment my the MUNDORF S/oil, so i have no choice, to buy this mundorf, is still cheaper than AUDIONOTE.

Mundorf sound is more DIRECT, FAST n  DETAIL. more on natural.

Jensen is more sweet, warm, also detail.

what you think? i actuall can said is FORCE to buy Bcoz NO choice :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

but will try on audionote soon......
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 15:12:51 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

since then, no need to change to audionote. because it is expensive than Jensen but not same to jensen. don't waste money.
If present upgrade is suitable for you. Enjoy the music la !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 15:32:21 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

How much HK selling 0.22uf 630V Jensen copper PIO, i know there is 2 type of CuPIO?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-25 17:55:56 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

$230.00 each in authorised dealer.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-25 22:09:21 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Thanks, but the jensen price compare to audionote price here not much different.
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-26 13:58:51 | 顯示全部樓層
hi,

attach the pic of my cdp.

some question:

1) the filter in between power coupling cap got noise when the power cord on but the switch on/off button at cdp still off. Is it cap problem?

2) the 3 opa wrtitten on the board is OPA2604 but on the chip is 5532D JRC, is it the same?

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-26 17:20:04 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

Great, you CDP have Potential to MOD, What is the value of Power filtering cap (red colour)? first get the power done...... then go for tube output..... if your red colour cap is 0.22uf, maybe i can lean you my solen cap.....
SSWONG 發表於 2006-10-26 17:39:45 | 顯示全部樓層
THE POWER FILTERING CAP (red pinky colour) is WIMA MKP 10, 0.1,1000-600

the 2 Power coupling cap (coklate) is 220nJ/630V
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-26 17:47:56 | 顯示全部樓層
Below is Bada HD22, you can see all cap is using SOLEN. you can just follow the modification or change something better than solen like mundorf or jensen(dont think can get) sound should be improve.... :wink:

even power filter cap also solen.

it cheap n easy to get....
:wink:  :wink:

if you really need to Mod it , first you need to know what output you prefer, Tube or solid stage. if you like tube sound, can just MOD the tube PART.

Just sharing :wink:
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-26 18:40:24 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

Found some good stuff in FARNELL, VISHAY ROE MKP1845, price also cheap, but dont know is good compare to SOLEN? :wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-26 18:54:11 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi windwss,

I have used SCR Solen and  ERO MKP 1845
SCR solen quit balance.
ERO MKP 1845 bass ,high notes are little  clear than solen SCR
old solen don't use.
ERO MKP 1845 have green and blue colour. Blue is better than green on high notes (smooth)
Your present CDP is using SCR SOLEN or SOLEN ???????
I thing the solen caps in your cpd not real good.

Thanks,
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-10-26 19:02:00 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi windwss,

refer to you cpd photo, the outup cap changed e-cap Elna slim grade.
Why? flim cap alway better than e-cap very much.
I really don't understand.
I have suggection to you:

replace the all the caps to SCR SOLEN low cost and high gain.
If you want the high notes better. can add Wima Black Box 0.01uf/400v or 0.1uf/400v on SCR Solen. the result will give you suprise.
If you use ERO MKP 1845 cap no need to add other cap on it.
You cdp's caps are old solen.
just my view.   low costs high gain.

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-10-26 19:09:14 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

sorry for interrupt, the WINDWSS cd player is BADA HD21, not HD22, so it totally different from Bada hd22.  n actually WINDWSS haven't MOD his CDP yet. ALL STILL ORIGINAL. :roll: that why he is asking which cap to change.

Thanks for sharing.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 12:36 , Processed in 0.086555 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表