註冊
查看: 58294|回復: 67
打印 上一主題 下一主題

LITE DAC 60 & 72

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
cheapie 發表於 2008-9-29 17:26:44 | 顯示全部樓層 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Would appreciate comments & advice on these DAC.

1.   Is 72 an upgrade version of 60?
2.   What are the simplest steps to improve 72, such as tube replacement (which brand & designation), etc?
3.   I'm clumsy with a soldering iron and have eye-sight that is too old to do precise DIY work.

Many thanks to experience feverites who are kind and generous to help.

:wink:
2#
 樓主| cheapie 發表於 2008-10-2 10:56:29 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks for the prompt responses.  I'm buying the 72 used but haven't completed its trade with the seller yet.  Perhaps this Sunday I'll have more info available.

Thanks again.  This site has so many experts who are eager to help.   :wink:
3#
 樓主| cheapie 發表於 2008-10-3 11:12:49 | 顯示全部樓層

Re: LITE DAC 60 & 72

[quote="accphoto
1. No, One use 1702 and one use 1704
2. Buy THE MOST EXPENSIVE TUBE IF YOU CAN AFFORD, like Siemen CCA
3. Sorry, cannot help and should forget about 72.....ALL LIKE DAC Sound so so unless taking major surgery.[/quote]

Thanks accphoto for your comments.

1.   Is 1702 better than 1704 or vice versa?
2.   Siemens CCA is at $4500 a pair new; would Telefunken PCC88, Siemens E88CC or Amperex 6922 offer any improvement?
3.   Did you mean LITE (LIKE) DAC are just so so regardless of the model?
What major surgery can one perform?  Anyone willing to help?

Many thanks to all expert feverites again.  Photos will be posted by or before Sunday 5 Oct.
4#
 樓主| cheapie 發表於 2008-10-5 20:14:35 | 顯示全部樓層

No pics

My apologies.  I cannot open the DAC-72 chassis cover to take photos because it is still under warranty.  There is a warranty seal which must be broken to remove the cover.

I guess I'll just have to wait for a few more months, after warranty has expired, before doing anything with / for it.  Or sell it because it seems either it needs the major surgery as accphoto did to his 60 or be abandoned as the present improvement is not that significant with the CD / DVD / SACD players I already have.

:cry:
5#
 樓主| cheapie 發表於 2008-10-6 18:04:08 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks for your suggestion, Cat.  I still have a long way to go in terms of DIY modifications.  As said, too old and eyesight too dim.

Perhaps I may consider the same investment of $5,000 for other, second-hand equipment with similar performance?

ops:
6#
 樓主| cheapie 發表於 2008-10-8 14:23:04 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks to WINNDWSS & Cat for all the encouragement.   As I'm getting laid off because of the current financial tsunami, I may now have time to join some of the DIY classes and meet your guys besides modi & kk sirs.  Ha ha!
:wink:
7#
 樓主| cheapie 發表於 2008-10-10 08:11:36 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks to members who expressed concern regarding my layoff.  As a senior person, in both age & experience, (project director/architect) of an interior design firm that works mainly for investment banks, I will be the first to go when projects run out.  This has happened to me several times before.  When things pick up I may be recalled.  

The effect isn't that bad.  Now I have time to pursue my other interests.  Ha ha!

:?
8#
 樓主| cheapie 發表於 2008-10-11 14:03:18 | 顯示全部樓層
Cat, you and Accphoto responded to my call for solutions dealing with hum in a Twins Audio preamp.  So we exchanged messages in the forum.  Can't be sure whether we have met in person unless you also enjoy sailing and running (marathons & trailwalkers).  

Think I am even older.  Whenever I go to a race, people come up to greet me by name but I can't recall their names or where I met them though their faces are familiar.  Ha ha!

Yes, I do look forward to having more time to train for races or pick up sailing dinghies again.  I still have to break the 18-hr OTW (full-team finish) and 3.5 hr full marathon barriers yet.  

:
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 03:07 , Processed in 0.025936 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表